[GRASS-user] Change elevation value for entire DEM raster cell [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 23 13:15:06 PDT 2017

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  So, two questions:
>
> 1. How can I identify specific 1m x 1m raster map cells based on the
> location of a vector map point? Changing opacity of the topmost vector map
> does not allow me to query the underlying raster map. With the raster map
> on top of the z-stack I cannot accurately identify the raster cells that
> need to have their elevations changed.

   Answered this one myself: zoomed in to the vector point neighborhood,
found a nearby cell of a different color, and located the 4 cells covered by
the vector point. Recorded easting, northing for each.

> 2. Once I have the proper information to specify specific cells,
> r.mapcalc allows me to change the elevation value of a point, but how to
> change the elevation for the entire cell?

   I don't see how to apply r.mapcalc to this.

   What raster module will allow me to specify the new value of a DEM cell if
I provide the easting and northing coordinates?

Rich