[GRASS-user] Potential bug: 7.3.svn r70787

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 23 14:38:33 PDT 2017

   These are the eastings, northings, and new elevations to modify an
existing DEM:

2295820|175258|160
2295820|175257|160
2295821|175258|160
2295821|175257|160

   When I process these data the output is shifted one meter to the west.

The commands:

v.in.ascii
v.to.rast
r.patch

   The output of r.patch is the file 'stuffed' and the eastings are 2295819
and 2295820.

   Zooming in on the desired cells (see attached image) shows the correctly
modified cells. To get this result I increased the easting by 1 m. That is,
the data files needs eastings of 2295821 and 2295822 to correctly locate the
four changed elevations.

   I ran this sequence of commands three times with the same results.

Rich