[GRASS-user] Potential bug: 7.3.svn r70787

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 27 13:55:51 PDT 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, Markus Neteler wrote:

> well, it lands where you tell it to land... as determined by the current
> computational region settings.

Markus,

   Perhaps my technique needs improvement. This what I did:

   To learn which cells needed to be identified I overlaid the raster DEM
with a point vector file, then zoomed in so I could distinguish individual
cells.

   Just to the southwest of the block of 4 cells of interest was a cell with
a slightly higer elevation and a lighter color.

   I noted the offsets (rows and columns) from this reference cell to the
cells of interest, then moved the raster DEM to the top of the stack.

   Using the 'info' tool on the map display window I clicked on each cell in
turn and recorded the easting and northing coordinates, trucated to the
whole integer (cell dimension is 1 x 1 m).

   These coordinate pairs are what I fed to v.in.ascii.

Best regards,

Rich