[GRASS-user] GRASS Location covering multiple UTM zones and SpatiaLite

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:30:27 PDT 2017

Hello Stefan,

As Markus mentioned, although SpatiaLite uses SQLite, it is a different
entity. In the past, I used native dbms of GRASS. For the new project, I am
thinking of switching to SpatiaLite, if it would be practical. The aim here
is to record settlements (points), weather stations (points), stream
network (lines), and basins (polygons) in one db to make some calculations
easier; rather than extracting data from GRASS, exporting them into a
separate SpatiaLite file. analyzing, and putting data back into GRASS'
attribute data. It seemed to me that doing it with SpatiaLite would be
easier but I am open to suggestions. I just started so I want to make sure
that I build this right.

As for QGIS (2.18.2) - GRASS (v. 7.0) issue –running on Mac OS 10.10.5
Yosemite–, when I install GRASS plugin, the default path for GRAS
installation files is set to " /Users/Shared/unix/grass-qgis-mtlion/grass-7.0.4
". I do not have GRASS installation files there and this creates an
initiate error "GRASS init error: GRASS cannot found..." The only folder
related to GRASS in my Users folder is "grass_dev" (sub-folders for v.6 and
v.7) and some read-me files. I saw on the internet that some people
suggested to move (,app) icons out of the folders but I am not certain
because it was an old email thread.

When I provide the correct path: AFAIK it is " /Applications/GRASS/GRASS-7.
0.app/Contents/MacOS "  that does not seem to resolve the issue. All GRASS
versions I have are kept in one folder titled GRASS under Applications. So,
I am not sure how to solve this one.

BÜLENT

--
Asst. Prof. BÜLENT ARIKAN