[GRASS-user] Issue with r.sun.daily in combination with multiprocessing

Tinsley Wolfs twolfs15 at student.aau.dk
Mon May 15 05:17:47 PDT 2017

Hi list,

I am trying to build a script to run r.sun.daily so it only runs for the center day of each month of a year. However, when the code starts r.sun.daily script, it creates 4 processes for the first day but only 2 processes for any following day. Even though I set ' nprocs=4' when calling the script.

I am trying to use a similar setup as the r.horizon parallel script found here<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Simultaneous-r-horizon-processes-tt4676325.html#a4892854>. This script uses the multiprocessing module to have the script wait until the process is finished before feeding new parameters to a worker. I edited this so it changes the 'start_day' and 'end_day' parameters, but only creates one worker that launches the r.sun.daily script with 'nprocs=4', then waits until this run is done using '.join', before providing the worker with a different start and end day and starting r.sun.daily again with ' nprocs=4'.

What could be the issue that it switches to two processes after the 1st day?

Regards,
Tinsley