[GRASS-user] remove buildings and non-natural items from DEM

Eduardo Kanegae eduardo.kanegae at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:53:44 PDT 2017

Hi there,

I'm running GRASS 7.x from OSGeo Live and I have a 7Gb GeoTiff DEM of my
city which was acquired by LIDAR.
But, before generating itens like countours, slope, relief, etc... we'd
like to remove non-natural objects such as buildings, constructions, light
poles, tree and in first, to a have terrain model (surface height) before
generating derived products.

What modules/functions of GRASS should I research for? Or maybe use some
combination with other tools? (QGIS, GDAL DEM)

thanks in advance,

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br | @webmapit