[GRASS-user] error in remove mask

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:24:48 PDT 2017

Hi Markus,
in reality the computation beyond the mask problem is very complex, I will
try to summarize.
I have the UNIT3753 mask sit on the PERMANENT and I create 1000 location in
a multicore environment (HPC).
Each location use the UNIT3753-mask from the PERMANENT. This action produce
that the  cell_misc/UNIT3753/reclassed_to is written simultaneously from
different cores.
I think that this action creates a  reclassed_to file very large and
probably also with different permission which was not be able to be
removed.

I solved by manually  remove the reclassed_to file, so now the process is
running smoothly.

A potential solution would be:
1) for each location  g.copy raster=PERMANENT,UNIT3753 , and than apply the
r.mask using the UNIT3753 in the location and not in the PERMANENT.
This would work but data duplication will be there.
2) a second solution would be if  the reclassed_to can have a unique name
(e.g. reclassed_to$$) associate to the location.

Any thought?
Thank you
Best Regards
Giuseppe
p.s. in few weeks I will be in Berlin so we may chat in person.

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.org
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/