[GRASS-user] FileGDB has 3 layers, only first imported

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 1 14:50:26 PDT 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> d.vect [-cirs] map=name [layer=string] [...]

   I am missing something critical here and want to learn what that is. When
I look at the available maps I see only NHD_MajorStreams. To view the other
two layers I use the command line:

GRASS 7.3.svn (hydrography):~/data/grassdata > d.mon start=wx0
GRASS 7.3.svn (hydrography):~/data/grassdata > d.vect map=NHD_MajorStreams layer=-1
WARNING: The bounding box of the map is outside the current region, nothing
          drawn
d.vect complete.
GRASS 7.3.svn (hydrography):~/data/grassdata >

   The cwd is where the GDB was imported; that location has the projection
code shown in the ogrinfo summary. Wouldn't that make the current region
that of the imported map(s)?

   Is there a wx monitor for the existing GUI display window?

Rich