[GRASS-user] Large import runs out of memory

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Nov 2 01:13:11 PDT 2017

Hi Rich,

Please try GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM environment variable:

GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM
[vectorlib]
If the environment variable GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM exists, memory consumption will be reduced when building vector topology support structures. Recommended for creating large vectors.

See: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/variables.html

Cheers
Stefan