[GRASS-user] GRASS-way to delete points from a map and attribute table

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 01:03:54 PST 2017

Hi,

what would be the most GRASS-like way to delete several points from a
points vector map.

I know the specific cats of the points I would like to delete (10 of
200000) and I want to delete the points from the map and, of course, also
from the corresponding attribute table. I already tried v.edit but here the
points are not deleted from the attribute table. I could also use v.extract
with the reverse flag, however this requires to define a new output map
(which I would like to avoid if possible). Any straight forward way in
GRASS?

/Johannes