[GRASS-user] cannot write raster w/ max = inf

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:24:23 PST 2017

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear GRASS list,
>
> I have a GeoTIFF that I can read in to a raster. ~r.info~ reports "max =
inf". If I try to write it out as a raster with ~r.out.gdal~ I get an error
(below) and the file is not saved to disk. I can't figure out how to
replace "inf" values with ~r.mapcalc~. Can someone suggest how to work with
this data?

> Thanks,
>
>   -k.
>

> Checking GDAL data type and nodata value...
>  100%
> WARNING: Selected GDAL datatype does not cover data range.

Did you specify type=Float32? If yes, try to use type=Float64. You can also
use the -f flag to force raster export.

Markus M