[GRASS-user] Updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:29:46 PST 2017

Dear GRASS list,

Unfortunately I'm on a non-common system - OS X with GRASS installed via Fink. I've run into the same problem on Homebrew too. The temporal modules do not work, because DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not properly set.

I can set it manually in each session, but I'd like to update it when I launch GRASS. I need to run:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/GRASS-mac-7.2.app/Contents/MacOS/lib

If I run this before I start GRASS, it is unset.
If I put it in ~/.grass7/bashrc, it is unset.
If I put    g.gisenv set="FOO=42"  in ~/.grass7/bashrc it is set
If I put    g.gisenv set="DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${GISBASE}/lib"  it is not set.

  -k.