[GRASS-user] Cannot open GRASS welcome GUI

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Wed Oct 18 04:15:39 PDT 2017

Hi,
I am running GRASS GIS on ubuntu 14.04. I was trying to run g.extension and started GRASS through command line using grass -textIt then set the text version as default.
Now I cannot open GRASS with the welcoming screen anymore, which asks the location and mapset before starting grass.When I type grass -gui, I get this error message:
Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wxversion
ERROR: Error in GUI startup. See messages above (if any) and if necessary, please report this error to the GRASS developers.
On systems with package manager, make sure you have the right GUI package, probably named grass-gui, installed.
To run GRASS GIS in text mode use the -text flag.
Use '--help' for further options
     grass72 --help
See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/helptext.html
Exiting...
However, my wxpython version is updated, and I did not found what to do in list posts. This is probably very basic, but I could not solve it (even by reinstalling grass).
Thanks!Bernardo