[GRASS-user] P value for slope from r.series

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:31:21 PDT 2017

Hi Markus M,

Thanks for your input. But one thing is still confusing me. From what I
understood, the multiple comparison problem would arise if I calculated one
p-value for all the regressions in a computational region. Say I have a 100
x 100 raster, chances are one of those 10,000 pixels would yield me a
significant regression. But in my case, I'm calculating a p-value raster
that is, each pixel has it's own p-value and I'm interested in the slopes
that have a significant trend (p <= 0.05). Thus each pixel regression is
(sort of) independent.

In essence. If I generate a raster with regression slope and p-value, and I
mask out the areas with high p (above 5%), the slope values in the
remaining regions would be significant correct? What you are saying is that
I might be overestimating the area with significant slope?

Cheers and thanks
Daniel