[GRASS-user] Switching locations on-the-fly

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 31 16:00:48 PDT 2017

   I need to import a lot of data each having one of several projections. It
is quicker for me to create a new location for each one, import it, then
re-project it to the base location and a layer-specific mapset. This
involves invoking grass, creating a new location, importing the .shp or
.gdb, shutting down grass, restarting grass in the base location,
re-projecting the new layer, then removing the (temporary) importing
location.

   Is there a way to switch locations within a running grass instance,
equivalent to creating/switching mapsets within a location?

Rich