[GRASS-user] Evaluation of AW3D30 open access global DEM for flood modelling

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:41:57 PDT 2017

Hello all,

Open-access global DEMs like SRTM are a staple in our GIS community.
Last year the JAXA released a new product, the ALOS World 3d 30m
(AW3D30).
Using GRASS and itzï we've carried out an assessment of AW3D30 from
the point of view of flood modelling, and compared it to lidar, SRTM
and ASTER.

AW3D30 is indeed a very interesting product, and I thought that GRASS
users could be interested in our results:
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.885571

Best regards,
Laurent