[GRASS-user] Evaluation of AW3D30 open access global DEM for flood modelling

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:44:48 PDT 2017

Very interesting, I didn't knew that there was provisional data available.

Couldn't get one tile opened in QGIS or GRASS with GDAL, though. Got it
with r/in.bin:

r.in.bin -f -s --overwrite input=n00w064.srtmOnly.hgt output=nasadem
bytes=4 order=big north=0 south=-1 east=-63 west=-64 rows=3601 cols=3601

Carlos

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> btw:  another reprocessing is forthcoming:
>
> "NASADEM: Creating a New NASA Digital Elevation Model and Associated
> Products"
> https://earthdata.nasa.gov/community/community-data-
> system-programs/measures-projects/nasadem
>
> Conf. paper from 2016:
> NASADEM GLOBAL ELEVATION MODEL: METHODS AND PROGRESS
> https://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XLI-B4/
> 125/2016/isprs-archives-XLI-B4-125-2016.pdf
>
> Some provisional data: https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/provisional
>
> Best,
> markusN

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572