[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 00:18:58 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> Changed the output file name to 'farmlands' and it builds.
>

> Markus,
>
>   However, when it completes, v.in.ogr tells me that polygons are
> overlapping and that I should re-run the build adding the 'snap=1e-09'
> option. Did that. Then I was told to re-run the build with 'snap=1e-08'.
My
> last try tonight is using 'snap-1e-06.' Should I quit at this point or is
> there something different I should do?

You can have a look at the areas in layer 2 (these are the overlapping
parts) and decide if they are really overlapping or if overlaps occur
because neighboring polygons don't quite match (topological errors).

A too large snapping threshold would do more harm than good, so I would
hand-edit any overlapping parts if there are not too many left.

Markus M