[GRASS-user] r.sun.daily ouputs

balotti.and at gmail.com balotti.and at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:30:52 PDT 2017

Hi,
I am using /r.sun.daily/ to perform global radiation maps over a range
of dates but I am a little bit confused about the outputs of this module.
I created two outputs: the accumulated map of the whole time period and
a temporal dataset with all the daily maps.
I have tried to aggregate the daily maps in the temporal dataset with
/t.rast.series/ (average and sum) supposing that one of them was the
same with the accumulated output of r.sun.daily but I was wrong.
Here the query on a pixel: the first line is the accumulated map from
/r.sun.daily/, the last two line are the aggregated maps from
/t.rast.series/.
sol_glob_veg at PERMANENT: value: 24291.95
sol_veg_sum at PERMANENT: value: 1495683.87133789
sol_veg_avg at PERMANENT: value: 6989.17696886865

My question now is which kind of accumulation perform /r.sun.daily/?
TIA

--
Andrea Balotti