[GRASS-user] Finding specific information in the wiki

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 28 10:29:15 PDT 2017

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, Robert Andrew Brown wrote:

> By new GUI, if I remember correctly that changed after May 2017? If so, I
> have not tried that.

Robert,

   No. The GUI used to be written in tcl/tk since at least grass-4.0 and I
rarely used it. I don't recall when python was adopted and the wxPython
widget library used for the GUI.

> If you want to use the rgrass7 you use the initGRASS command in R.

   I read the two wiki pages and installed rgrass7 (and dependencies) in R
(the new version is released today but not yet migrated to the OSU
repository.)

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard Shepard, Ph.D.                    Have Knowledge - Will Travel
Applied Ecosystem Services, LLC  	       Troutdale, OR 97060 USA