[GRASS-user] Finding specific information in the wiki

Robert Andrew Brown brown782 at purdue.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:38:14 PDT 2017

Hi Rich,

There are packages in R to do this. I have supplied a link below. However, I have read that is not advised to use GRASS in R and only use R in GRASS. GRASS has a command line "terminal" for this. However, I have double checked the results and have always had similar results in both options. The problem I have found is that you can only use a 32 bit version of R in the GRASS interface. So I prefer to use GRASS in the R interface with the GRASS 6 or 7 packages (link below) because you can use 64 bits. You may want to subset your data and run your statistical methods in both options described above just to make sure.

I hope this helps!

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rgrass7/index.html