[GRASS-user] Mailman problem: all "bounced" members restored now

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 16 13:31:03 PDT 2018

Hi,

a few hundred users of this list received today a strange "Confirm
..." or "Bounce action notification" email from mailman. These emails
were triggered by a regular GRASS GIS related email sent by a list
member which was effectively badly managed by the current mailman
installation (the last time it happened 3 years ago).

I was now able to reactivate all these deactivated email addresses
subscribed to grass-user. So, emails should work again as expected.

Hence:
- for you: please just _ignore_ the "Confirm: ..." email of today,
simply delete it. Nothing is wrong with your account!
- for OSGeo-SAC: we need to fix how mailman treats email headers in
this special case. Being worked on in ticket:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2152

Hope it won't happen again!

Best,
Markus