[GRASS-user] g.gui.psmap: reloading script moves elements

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 21 10:35:04 PDT 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I had to quit the GUI Composer to check elevation units on the base
> raster map since I have no access to the command line when g.gui.psmap is
> active. When I re-invoked g.gui.psmap and loaded the saved specification
> file I discovered that the legend, scale bar, and north arrow were moved
> from the saved position and that a frame had been inserted when it was
> removed from the saved file.

   Never mind. Rather than fighting this I used ps.map. It worked once, now
tells me it cannot find the input file:

GRASS 7.5.svn:~/data/grassdata/> ls
/home/rshepard/projects/oregon/<project>/analyses/dubois_crk.psmap
/home/rshepard/projects/oregon/<project>/analyses/dubois_crk.psmap

   GRASS sees it. So why doesn't ps.map see it?

GRASS 7.5.svn:~/data/grassdata/> ps.map
in=$HOME/projects/oregon/<project>/analyses/dubois_crk.psmap
out=$HOME/projects/oregon/<project>/analyses/dubois-creek.pdf
ERROR: Unable to open file
        '/home/rshepard/projects/oregon/estacada/analyses/dubois_crk.psmap':
        No such file or directory

Grrr!

Rich