[GRASS-user] 7.5svn: vector digitizing not working as expected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 23 15:22:34 PDT 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I'm trying to adjust a boundary to match lines on another map. Selecting
> the 'move point' option worked only once. Selecting the 'add point' option
> does not let me add a point.

   More information.

   When I start grass7.5svn with the '-gui' option and load a vector map I
can select 'vector map edit' and that map's name. This changes the display
to a multicolored one with each node displayed. Selecting a tool, e.g.,
'remove areas' allows me to select one, sometimes more than one, by using
the left button on the trackball. Then I save the changes by closing the
digitizer.

   Re-activating the digitizer and selecting the now modified map does not
change the display to allow editing. Neither does selecting a tool.

   Something is not working properly and I would appreciate some ideas on
what I can do, including providing specific information about beheviors, so
it can be fixed. I need to patch two maps and use selected lines from each
one to form a new, modified map.

   Should I make copies of the two maps and break them into separate lines
before patching?

Rich