[GRASS-user] db.? to change column names

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 30 15:09:52 PDT 2018

   I imported a .dat file using v.in.ascii to a lon_lat location, then
re-projected it to the desired location. The column names for the CRS in the
database were still 'lon' and 'lat'. I did not see a db.* module to change
the names; neither db.columns nor db.describe have this capability.

   Using the gui I was able to 'manage tables' and change the column names
there, but did not look to see if there was the related command on the
bottom of the dialog box.

   What module lets me rename columns when working at the command line or
from a script?

Regards,

Rich