[GRASS-user] bil to netcdf format

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:34:06 PST 2018

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has interest and experience in piecing together a
sensible multitempral multivariate netcdf file from a bunch of individual
.bil files.

The dataset is the US -wide PRISM (1895-2018, monthly)

The main goal is to get spatial averages of each variable and time step for
a bunch of watersheds. I have a tool that can extract this into my
hydrology model from a netcdf file, hence the interest in netcdf.

IALternately, 'm comfortable with an approach of converting it into GRASS
rasters and then extracting what i need using bash scripting.

However i was wondering of two perhaps better workflows:
one, that uses the space times framework. It would be nice to have a manual
or example, that went:

PRISM .bil -> strds -> netcdf

Curious for your response,
Vishal