[GRASS-user] Lack of documentation on adding custom symbols

Mary Muir mmuir at sjgeophysics.com
Thu Feb 8 11:15:29 PST 2018

I think something along the lines of the following added to the wiki
would be useful.

To see custom symbols in the GUI, you need to make a thumbnail image
with ps.map and inkscape. See gui/symbols/README in the grass source
code for a script to do that.

Put the resulting pngs in the same ./gui/images/symbols/ directory
structure.

(That is basically the reply given in 2013 which solved my problem)

*Mary Muir*
Software Developer