[GRASS-user] i.atcorr range and rescale parameters for Sentinel 2 images

Žofie Cimburová zoficimburova at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 12:01:08 PST 2018

Hi Roberta,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:54 PM, roberta fagandini <robifagandini at hotmail.it>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing i.atcorr (grass 7.4) with Sentinel 2A images and i have some
> trouble defining the right values for range and rescale parameters. I read
> in other posts and lists that the suggested value for both range and
> rescale is '0,10000' while in other posts someone else suggests to use min
> and max values (from r.info) for range and '1,10000' or '0, 10000' for
> rescale.
>
> It's not clear to me the right meaning of these parameters and thus the
> most correct values to be used.
>
> Can anyone better explain me the meaning of these two parameters?

When I was running i.atcorr for Sentinel2 data, I used range=1,10000 (i.e.
the min/max theoretical values the input data can reach).
As for rescale, this in my understanding just sets what the output range of
the reflectances will be. So you can use for example 1-255, 0-1, 1-10000,
whatever suits best to your further analysis. Relatively, the result will
be identical.

Hope that helps a bit!
Zofie