[GRASS-user] Issue with addon r.vif in MS Windows GUI installations (stand-alone v. 7.2.2 and 7.0.5)

Dinarzarde Raheem d.raheem at nhm.ac.uk
Sun Feb 11 07:36:58 PST 2018

I tried GRASS GIS versions 7.4.0 (current stable) and GRASS GIS 7.2.2 (old stable) but can't see r.vif listed under Addons in the Modules tab (see attached screenshot). This is true for 7.4.0 and 7.2.2 in both the following cases:
1) After copying the patch into the directory C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\scripts
2) After installing r.vif using the server (i.e. g.extension) and then copying the patch into the directory C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\scripts

One thing I noticed is that when you re-install Grass and then install r.vif you get this message:
(Sun Feb 11 16:29:48 2018)
g.extension extension=r.vif url=
WARNING: Extension <r.vif> already installed. Re-installing...
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <r.vif>...
Updating addons metadata file...
Installation of <r.vif> successfully finished
(Sun Feb 11 16:29:57 2018) Command finished (9 sec)

I guess by tomorrow the new version of r.vif should be available via the server so will try again tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Dinarzarde