[GRASS-user] v.generalize failing on some geoms

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 09:34:15 PST 2018

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >v.generalize is failing to simplify some of my geometries when in
> >EPSG:3857. Same geoms in EPSG:3003 were simplified correctly.
> >Incorrect borders were reported, unclear to me why.
>
> In your first report you're talking about the same data set in different
> EPSG defined projections.

This implies that the data have been reprojected at some stage somewhere
from one SRS to the other. The most likely explanation for the different
results, particularly the topological errors reported by v.in.ogr, is that
non-topological polygons were reprojected. Can you make these geoms in
EPSG:3857 and EPSG:3003 available for testing?

Markus M