[GRASS-user] raster map from coordinates in python

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 12 11:41:15 PST 2018

OK, found it!
Reading the manuals more carefully helps:

So, with my StringIO object "result", formated x y z, the following works:

grass.write_command('r.in.xyz', stdin=result.getvalue(), input='-', output=output,
                                         method='mean', separator=' ')

StringIO can be replaced with BytesIO BTW, though I don`t know what difference the two make...
Cheers
Stefan