[GRASS-user] raster map from coordinates in python

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 12 23:04:15 PST 2018

Thanks, Nikos!
Interesting! Not 100% sure though, how to conclude from that post.
One voice there says "the two are not comparable one should use BytesIO, when input data is bytes, and StringIO when Input data is string".
However in the this case, both seem suitable. So, the performance comparison suggests that StringIO would be better for Pyhon 2, while BytesIO will be better for Python 3 (where cStringIO will be no longer available).
So, I tend to use BytesIO with regards to future compatibility...

Cheers
Stefan