[GRASS-user] LSMetrics - addon development

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 15 08:43:49 PST 2018

On 12/02/18 18:01, Bernardo Santos wrote:
> Dear Moritz,
>
> thanks for the answer and the examples.
> I'll try to put the functions and files in this format and test them
> like that.
> I am not sure how to build these makefile files but I'll try to follow
> the patterns I find in the other examples of modules.
> Once this is done, I'll post it here.
>
> Which GRASS version I should use to do that?

You should probably do it with trunk, but 7.4 is also ok as the two are
not far from each other.

> Regarding the comparison with the other GRASS tools, LSMetrics is
> complementary to many of the functions the r.li suite offers. I still
> could not test r.pi since I had some trouble installing it, but I'll try
> it againĀ  so that I can compare both packages. I believe they are also
> somehow complementary in many of the functions.

Yes, r.pi installation is still an issue. Currently it does not seem
configured in a way to be usable by g.extension.

Assuming you are on a *nix like system, the easiest is to download the
entire r.pi directory from SVN
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.pi?rev=72241&format=zip),
unzip it somewhere on your system, cd to the r.pi directory and then
compile it with

make MODULE_TOPDIR=~/SRC/GRASS/grass_trunk/

where you replace ~/SRC/GRASS/grass_trunk

with the path to your GRASS source code (again 7.4 is ok, and 7.2
probably also).

Moritz