[GRASS-user] Alternative to r.median for GRASS 7.x?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 26 13:28:11 PST 2018

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> As for the last comment: do you mean it's going to be computationally
> "difficult", as in running time?

Nikos,

   No, not running time. It was long ago when GRASS was still limited to
interger numbers, and I used postgres for attribute data storage. I was
frustrated trying to find a row in a table that had a floating point number
using a SQL select statement until I realized I needed to select using the
integer of that number rounded down. Because of the imprecision of storing a
floating point number there was no way to select a value equal to it.
However, selecting for a value less than the number did the trick.

Rich