[GRASS-user] New AddOns for downloading and importing Sentinel products

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 28 11:45:41 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:36 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I have uploaded a new toolset for downloading and importing
> Sentinel products, namely two modules:
>
> r.sentinel.download [1] and r.sentinel.import [2].
>
> The first module requires Sentinelsat and Pandas library, the second
> GDAL with OpenJPEG.
>
> Testing and feedback welcome! Enjoy, Ma
>
> [1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.sentinel.download.html
> [2] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/addons/r.sentinel.import.html

Cool!
I was able to successfully select and download S2 scenes for the North
Carolina area.

Do you plan to add reprojection on the fly through r.import?

thanks, Markus

BTW: Last year we created a portal for ESA which let's you filter
Sentinel-2 scenes by extra metadata derived from open data:

  Earth Observation metadata enhancer (EO-me)
  https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/-/filter-sentinel-2a-scenes-with-the-new-release-of-eo-me
  https://eome.mundialis.de

It meanwhile also supports Sentinel-2B and comes with an OpenSearch interface:
https://eome.mundialis.de/eomedocs/opensearch.html