[GRASS-user] Importing lat-lon points into projected location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 2 14:14:10 PDT 2018

   The project's location uses ESPG code 3828. I have a small point file of
three features very close to each other with unprojected geographic
coordinates in latitude-longitude:

45.299844|-122.353975|USGS gauge
45.288936|-122.350918|dam
45.302761|-122.358851|Building 1

When imported with:

v.in.ascii in=<path/to/data/file>points.txt out=point_features columns=\
'y double precision, x double precision, label varchar(15)' cat=0 y=1 x=2 \
--overwrite

   The monitor displays only a single point (the first in the list) even when
I try zooming in very close, and the attribute data has the location in
lat-lon rather than easting and northing. I'm not seeing what I'm doing
incorrectly.

   I tried importing to a generic location but the result was the same.

   Pointers needed.

Rich