[GRASS-user] Google-earth images with grass

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 3 10:53:41 PDT 2018

   I've searched the wiki and looked at the i.* modules without finding how
to import a google-earth image in grass7. Here, v.in.gdal supports
KMLSUPEROVERLAY -raster- (rwv): Kml Super Overlay, but I don't know if how
to save a displayed googleearth map in a suitable format.

   My uses of this image include draping over a LiDAR DEM and applying an
appropriate evaporation module from the i.* toolset (after I research the
available ones to see if any will work with pan evaporation rates).

   Pointers to useful information is desired as well as all suggestions and
recommendations on use of these images.

Rich