[GRASS-user] Importing lat-lon points into projected location [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 4 07:56:22 PDT 2018

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Where should we improve the documentation?

Markus,

   The only improvement I can suggest is with this example (and the following
one for EPSG:5514:3):

grass75 -c EPSG:4326 $HOME/grassdata/mylocation
     Creates new GRASS location with EPSG code 4326 (latitude-longitude,
WGS84) in the specified GISDBASE

   This requires making a new location subdirectory first then starts grass
with the wxGUI interface. I did not have the location and intended to work
in the console rather than the GUI. Both approaches are accommodated by
adding a more generic version:

grass75 -c EPSG:4326 -gtext
     Start GRASS using the text-based user interface. The user will be prompted
to choose a new lon/lat location and mapset.

   Or, it could be just the way I interpret what's written in the manual.

Best regards,

Rich