[GRASS-user] Importing lat-lon points into projected location [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 7 13:37:24 PDT 2018

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> I don't get it: the examples you cite are from that page. What to add there?
> Please provide (a) copy-paste example(s) to add there under the
> "EXAMPLES" section.

Markus,

   I suggested adding to the existing page an option to specify the lon-lat
EPSG while starting grass with the -gtext option. This allows the user to
define a new location, and mapset if desired. That option is not immediately
obviouse to me when I read the page which prompted my suggestion for a
sightly different addition. Perhaps I'm the only one who needed to learn
this so there's no need to modify that manual page.

Best regards,

Rich