[GRASS-user] Setting region to add map to location [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 7 15:41:45 PDT 2018

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> r.patch does exactly that, no flags needed.
>
> g.region raster=map1,map2,... -p
> r.patch input=map1,map2,... output=map_mosaic

Markus,

   I _thought_ that r.patch would do the job yet did not get this from
reading the manual page. The description and example show cell-by-cell
combinations, not tiling two or more rasters. The keywords include
'mosaicking' but neither the blurb after the module name nor the description
include this ability. However, the first Note tells me, "Frequently, this
program is used to patch together adjacent map layers which have been
digitized separately. The program v.mkgrid can be used to make adjacent maps
align neatly." and I admit to not reading the notes before now, having not
seen mention of mosaicking in the module synopsis or description.

Many thanks for clarifying,

Rich