[GRASS-user] Start in text mode: define new location with proj.4 string

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 10 13:08:24 PDT 2018

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018, Micha Silver wrote:

> What you've suggested in past posts seems to work fine (point to a
> shapefile with accompanying *.prj):

> Unless I'm not understanding the problem.

Micha,

   My reason for writing was having had raster files imported incorrectly.
Using 'gdalinfo -proj4' gave me the proj.4 strings to define their
projection and I wanted to pass those strings on the command line when
starting grass in text mode.

   The approach I took used the '-gtext' startup option to present the GUI
location wizard. There I was able to enter the proj.4 strings and correctly
import the raster files.

Regards,

Rich