[GRASS-user] limit number of confluent streams in r.steam.extract or r.watershed

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:55:57 PDT 2018

Hello,

Not sure if I understood your question. Are you trying to extract major
streams only? r.stream.extract already returns a valid stream network with
confluences snapped to the main stem. Also, limiting the number of
confluent streams and moving (?) streams at the confluences are two
different tasks, I believe. Maybe, you need to be more specific with some
examples.

Regards,
Huidae

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 6:40 AM, Mira Kattwinkel <
kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> is there any way to limit the number of confluent streams in
> r.stream.extract or r.watershed?
>
> I am working with statistical models (R package SSN) that can only deal
> with such dichotomous networks. Currently, I am developing a method to move
> streams a tiny bit at the confluences to get a valid network, but I wonder
> if something like this already exists. That would make my life much easier.
>
> All the best,
>
> Mira
>
> ---
>
> Dr. Mira Kattwinkel
> Quantitative Landscape Ecology
> Institute for Environmental Sciences
> University of Koblenz-Landau
> Fortstraße 7
> 76829 Landau
> Germany
> Phone: + 49 6341 280-31553
> Office: Building I, Room 2.02

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., PE, M.ASCE, CFM, GISP
Senior Geospatial Engineer, MapAnything
Open Source GIS Developer, GRASS GIS Development Team