[GRASS-user] 7.5svn: create location from existing map

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:09:24 PDT 2018

Hello Rich,

Create a new directory and copy & rename biota to PERMANENT in this folder.
Copy PERMANENT/WIND to PERMANENT/DEFAULT_WIND. Now this folder is a new
location with the biota data as a PERMANENT mapset.

Best,
Huidae

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

>   The directory biota/ contains the subdirectory bulltrout/, which contains
> two files and two subdirectories: VAR  WIND  dbf/  vector/. The map is
> named
> bulltrout2008.
>
>   As this mapset became disconnected from the location in which it was
> originally imported I want to learn how to turn it into a location or
> otherwise access it to reproject the bulltrout2008 map to a different
> projection.
>
>   If there's a module for this I've missed seeing it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., PE, M.ASCE, CFM, GISP
Senior Geospatial Engineer, MapAnything
Open Source GIS Developer, GRASS GIS Development Team