[GRASS-user] question on r.out.gdal in a loop

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Jul 11 00:14:47 PDT 2018

Gabriel Cotlier wrote:

>     I'm using grass 7.4.1 trying to export  all raster layers in the current
>     mapset out of grass to a folder as GeoTiff files though a for loop from
>     the python shell  as follows and I'm getting the error in red...
>     What could be the problem?
>     Thanks a lot in advance.
>     Regards,
>     Gabriel
>     >>>import grass.script as gscript
>     >>>rastlist=grass.read_command("g.list",type="rast")
>     >>>rastlist
>     F121996
>     F121997
>     F141999
>     F142000

Micha Silver:
>   Try:
>   rastlist=grass.read_command("g.list",type="rast").split()

[..]

For me it works like:

rasters=grass.read_command('g.list', type='raster', separator='comma').split(',')

I wonder why the 'comma' is not mentioned for the separator option, when
asking for the module's help:
```
Lists available GRASS data base files of the user-specified data type optionally using the search pattern.

Usage:
 g.list [-iretmpf] type=datatype[,datatype,...] [pattern=string]
   [exclude=string] [mapset=name[,name,...]] [separator=character]
   [region=name] [output=name] [--overwrite] [--help] [--verbose]
   [--quiet] [--ui]

Flags:
  -i   Ignore case
  -r   Use basic regular expressions instead of wildcards
  -e   Use extended regular expressions instead of wildcards
  -t   Print data types
  -m   Print fully-qualified map names (including mapsets)
  -p   Pretty printing in human readable format
  -f   Verbose listing (also list map titles)

Parameters:
       type   Data type(s)
    pattern   Map name search pattern (default: all)
    exclude   Map name exclusion pattern (default: none)
     mapset   Name of mapset to list (default: current search path)
  separator   Field separator
              default: newline
     region   Name of saved region for map search (default: not restricted)
     output   Name for output file
```

This on
```
g.version -r
GRASS 7.5.svn (2018)
libgis Revision: 72327
libgis Date: 2018-03-06 12:12:44 +0100 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)
```

Nikos