[GRASS-user] creating a new mapset in an existing location

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:24:51 PDT 2018

Dear List,

Is there a way to create a new mapset from the command line?

My use case is that I'd like to run parallel jobs (with GNU parallel).

But,

> ...it's recommended to launch each job in its own mapset within the
> location.

according to ttps://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Parallel_GRASS_jobs

I'd like to have the parallel calls create the new mapset, each named JOB_SLOT_NUM (up to n CPU cores). I don't know in advance if I'll be spawning 4, 8, 16, etc. parallel jobs.

Thanks,

  -k.