[GRASS-user] Working with large attribute table

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:16:46 PDT 2018

Hello Rich,

The concept of time series in GRASS GIS is based on a snapshot approach,
i.e., each map represents a specific date or time interval. For the vector
type case, you can either split each date as a different vector map or (if,
as in your case, the coordinates are always the same) put each date in a
different layer of the same vector map.

To create a time series of vector maps, you would then, need to use t.*
modules, esp. t.create [0] and t.register [1]. You can check the temporal
intro manual page [2] for a general description of the temporal framework
and the temporal data processing wiki [3] for more (raster oriented, sorry)
examples.

HTH,
Vero

[0] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass75/manuals/t.create.html