[GRASS-user] Importing .tif

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 16 12:51:57 PDT 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Daniel Victoria wrote:

> The manual [1] gives the following examples. Did you try that?
>
> *grass74 -c EPSG:5514:3 $HOME/grassdata/mylocation* Creates new GRASS

Daniel,

   I've used the '-c EPSG:....' option before. The issue with the DLQs is
what EPSG code to use. Markus M pointed out that the ones shown by gdalinfo
refer to aspects of the SRS, not the entire projection. That's why I used
the proj.4 string, apparently under the mis-impression that it provides
location projection information for importing raster files.

Rich