[GRASS-user] Problem importing ESRI grid file (.adf)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 9 07:19:16 PDT 2018

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> re-reading your original report.
>
> ESRI grid file (.adf) isn't a format for point clouds, but, as the format
> name tells, a processed grid of points.
>
> you have to ask your data provider which dataset holds your raw point cloud.

Helmut,

   Yes, they'll sell me those data. But, it was point cloud data in the .gdb
format that they provided (for no charge) the LiDAR data for a different
county. That's why I expected it to be the same for these data.

   Point data need to be converted to raster and vector contours for analyses
so they don't do me any good by themselves.

Best regards,

Rich