[GRASS-user] rshepard at appl-ecosys.com sent you a file

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 10 09:41:12 PDT 2018

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018, Micha Silver wrote:

> Now it works
> I created a new LOCATION based on "a georeferenced file" and pointed to the hdr.adf file.
> The location projection parameters:

Micha,

   Now to find why it's not working the same way here with 7.5svn release
72793.

   In ~/data/oregon/projects/ I started grass75 and created a new location
for the project name, pointed grass to hdr.adf and get the same info as you:

g.proj -g
name=unnamed
ellps=grs80
proj=lcc
lat_1=43
lat_2=45.5
lat_0=41.75
lon_0=-120.5
x_0=399999.9999999999
y_0=0
no_defs=defined
unit=user-defined
units=user-defineds
meters=0.3048

   I also created a new mapset, topography, and entered the same command
syntax as you used:

r.in.gdal -e --overwrite input="/home/rshepard/projects/oregon/<projname>/data/topography/LDQ-45122C3/2014_OLC_Metro/Bare_Earth/bh45122c3/hdr.adf" output=bare_earth memory=300 offset=0 num_digits=0
WARNING: Raster map <bare_earth> already exists and will be overwritten
WARNING: Datum <Not_specified_based_on_GRS_1980_ellipsoid> not recognised
          by GRASS and no parameters found
Importing raster map <bare_earth>...
  100%
Region for the current mapset updated

   When I load that bare_earth raster map it's the same as before: a
multicolored wedge along the north and a wide purple rectangle along the
west side (see attached).

   Ideas on where I should look for the reason I get different results from
Micah are much appreciated.

Rich