[GRASS-user] v.class.mlR Error

Jamille Haarloo j.r.haarloo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:32:51 PDT 2018

Hi Moritz,

Thanx for the advice! Will check it out. From the publications I read, I
inferred it was better to use an alternative method (data mining/
object-based) on high resolution imagery than pixel-based. I also read that
texture metrics (e.g. standard deviation of spectral bands) may capture the
unique “patterns” of wetlands and other ecosystems (given the appropriate
spatial scale). Will continue testing and checking for improvements.

I was running directy from GRASS GIS, but recently created and used a new
training map with the lower case column name. My apologies for the
inconsistency, but good to know that the previous training map wasn't the
issue.

Best,
Jamille

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:58 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> [...]
> approach with i.smap:
>
> #create raster training areas
> v.to.rast Training_Ben5 out=training use=attr attrcol=Ecosystem
> #create a subgroup with all four bands
> i.group WV_Benatimofo subg=sub in=WV_Benatimofo.1 at haarlooj_Be
> n_Test,WV_Benatimofo.2 at haarlooj_Ben_Test,WV_Benatimofo.3@
> haarlooj_Ben_Test,WV_Benatimofo.4 at haarlooj_Ben_Test
> #create signature file
> i.gensigset training group=WV_Benatimofo sub=sub
> #classify
> i.smap group=WV_Benatimofo sub=sub sig=sig out=smap_classified
> goodness=smap_goodness
>
> Moritz
>

> On 19/06/18 11:33, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> Hi Jamille,
>>
>> Testing with the data you sent me offlist (which BTW was a mapset, not a
>> location. A location contains at least one mapset named PERMANENT which
>> contains the projection info - I just assumed that you are working in
>> UTM Zone 21N, created my own location and copied your mapset into that
>> location.) and with the following command:
>>
>> v.class.mlR -i --overwrite
>> segments_map=Segments_vector_Stats_Ben_test at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>> training_map=Training_Ben5 at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>> raster_segments_map=best5_myregion1_at_haarlooj_Ben_Test_
>> rank1 at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>> train_class_column=Ecosystem output_class_column=vote
>> output_prob_column=prob classifiers=svmRadial,rf,C5.0 folds=5
>> partitions=10 tunelength=10 weighting_metric=accuracy
>> r_script_file=R-script processes=3
>>
>> the module runs perfectly fine for me here on GNU/Linux. Note the fact
>> that the train_class_column=Ecosystem, not ecosystem. Case matters here.
>>
>> Could you try with the training class column in the right case ?
>>
>> Moritz
>>
>> On 18/06/18 21:51, Jamille Haarloo wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Moritz,
>>>
>>> It looks like I got some results, but I suspect there are still some
>>> issues due to the warning messages.
>>>
>>> I either kept getting that a file couldn't be found or that it had
>>> trouble running the R-script.
>>> My actions:
>>>
>>>   1. I found that it was looking in "C:\Program Files\QGIS
>>>      2.16.0\apps\Python27\Lib" for certain scripts but I also had another
>>>      location of the Python27 library "C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS
>>>      7.4.0\Python27\Lib". So I tried adding the second location via the
>>>      black terminal because I figured it needed the GRASS
>>>      versions/formats (with my lack of experience I am not sure if I
>>>      succeeded).
>>>   2. It was still failing, and I suspected this had to do with the qbwwv
>>>      voting method (see output). So I unchecked that option and got
>>>      results. I'am also sending a screenshot of the attribute table with
>>>      results.
>>>
>>> Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
>>> Soon I will test with a much bigger area for a land-use planning project.
>>>

>>> /The last 2 command outputs:/
>>>
>>> Running R now. Following output is R output.
>>> 2: Setting LC_COLLATE=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 3: Setting LC_TIME=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 4: Setting LC_MONETARY=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> During startup - Warning messages:
>>> 1: Setting LC_CTYPE=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 2: Setting LC_COLLATE=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 3: Setting LC_TIME=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 4: Setting LC_MONETARY=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> During startup - Warning messages:
>>> 1: Setting LC_CTYPE=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 2: Setting LC_COLLATE=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 3: Setting LC_TIME=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> 4: Setting LC_MONETARY=en_US.cp1252 failed
>>> Warning message:
>>> In nominalTrainWorkflow(x = x, y = y, wts = weights, info = trainInfo,  :
>>>     There were missing values in resampled performance measures.
>>> Error in `$<-.data.frame`(`*tmp*`, vote_qbwwv, value = numeric(0)) :
>>>     replacement has 0 rows, data has 1965
>>> Calls: $<- -> $<-.data.frame
>>> Execution halted
>>> ERROR: There was an error in the execution of the R script.
>>> Please check the R output.
>>> (Mon Jun 18 15:36:47 2018) Command finished (1 min 24 sec)
>>> (Mon Jun 18 15:50:30 2018)
>>> v.class.mlR -i --overwrite
>>> segments_map=Segments_vector_Stats_Ben_test at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>>> training_map=Training_Ben_Grass at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>>> raster_segments_map=best5_myregion1_at_haarlooj_Ben_Test_
>>> rank1 at haarlooj_Ben_Test
>>> train_class_column=ecosystem output_class_column=vote
>>> output_prob_column=prob classifiers=svmRadial,rf,C5.0 folds=5
>>> partitions=10 tunelength=10 weighting_metric=accuracy
>>> r_script_file=C:\Users\haarlooj\Documents\CELOS\v.class.
>>> mIRR_optional_output\Ben_test_mlR-script3